Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No More Excuses

It's been a little over a month since my last blog post. Now, I can make excuses like my moving into a new house, not having internet, going on vacation, and being busy at work, and yeah, some of that did play a role in some of what has happened over the past month. It's been hard. Moving is one of the most stressfull things you can do. I spent 2 weeks without internet. I had all my kitchen stuff boxed up for a week and a half. But the time has now come where there are no more excuses to make. Has this past month been crazy? Yeah, but I could have had better self control. I have started doing my Biggest Loser Videos again. I decided that there will be no more excuses. That is my motto from now on. NO MORE EXCUSES. Instead of focusing on why I didn't do anything, I'm going to focus on ways to do it more successfully. For example, when I wanted to go on a hike yesterday, I sent out a Facebook status update asking if anyone wants to join me. It's a lot easier to walk together than to walk alone.
My dad said something interesting to me today. He was listening to something and this stuck with him, and so he told me and now I have it stuck in my head. He said "If you keep saying 'I'll be happy when...'then you will never get there." I have to be happy with myself before I lose the weight. I can't just say I will be happy when I lose the weight, because I will never get there. My weight loss has to come from me loving myself enough to realize that I want to change not to make me happier, but healthier. Only when I truly love myself can I really do something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment